Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Imperial Russian Power

As I took a short break from my project and flew off to a island to take reference on their design, I accidentally stumbled on this half complete island by a Russian design firm that attempts to model and simulate Russia's old glorious past.

What glorious past can it be for an old imperial power like Russia if its ironclads aren't showcased? The creator attempts to model the ship Bapar, or is it Baprt (can't read the horizontally flipped R in Baprt). Anyway, I thought the modelling and texture wasn't really expertly done. But the final effect of putting everything together in scale, brings the ship up to a certain visually appealing state. The creator can enhanced it by adding lights and lots of signal flags to make more realistic.

And of course, since the Russian Navy is being modelled, how can one missed out the popular Russian sub-surface warriors.

1 Comments:

At 3:04 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Pencil,

I’m Miriam, an MSc student in Aston Business School, UK, and I am currently conducting my dissertation which is a study about how effective Second Life is as a branding tool, focusing on avatars’ attitudes and opinions towards advertisements of brands from real world.

Could you please do me a favour?
If it dosent bother you, could you please post this online survey link on your blog and encourage your audience to do this survey.

http://my3q.com/home2/168/ilmiriam/1201.phtml

I will really appreciate your help and your help will significantly contribute to my study.

Thanks in advance!!

My contact email:
miriamtaiwan@gmail.com

Thank you again!

Regards,
Miriam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home