Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Starting Place

This is the starting place. Ah, or really the first place that I started after I clear tutorial island. The round thingy that I'm standing on is a teleporter. There are many such devices in SL. Basically, they cut traveling time but a great deal, as it enables the player to be wrapped to the nearest teleporter near the specified destination.

Oh, look the sun is rising. A new day is here.

This starting location resembles some sort of a central park. With a fountain right in the middle of four elongated pavillion like structure. Each of the pavillion containing notices and useful "click-me-for-more-info" tags to guide the player around, and to provide news, and more information of the key day to day tasks that the player will be encountering in the world.


In the "To Building Area" pavillion. I spotted multiple creations by the inhabitants of this world. Arrrhh! somebody actually created a Chinese dragon. Lucky it is static...


Sample chess setup at the Games Pavillion. Interesting samples. The powerful scripting tool of SL enables one to create logic and gameplay for creating your own gameplay.

Another great feature of the SL world is the environment around the avatar. I mean just look at the sky... as the time ticked by, you can see the sun setting and the sky changing its colour. Marvelous.


The horizon lights up and becomes brighter! Wow! Simply beautiful! The dynamic environment is well done. Sunset and Sunrises in SL offers the most beautiful picturescape if you want to take a snapshot.


Everywhere you go, you will notice that the terrain is not flat as a sheet of paper. Rather the terrain in SL world is undulating, with handsome textures that gives the overall scene a very realistic inworld feel.


The handy map that I carried along shows where I am. The terrain pieces around me, number of players within those areas, my grid location, etc, etc etc. Very well done!

Now in my next report, I shall take you to the "capital city" in SL. You can see on the map, the 4 squares on the left showing the buildup area of the city. (Errr.... at this point, I kind of forgotten the name of the city. )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home